Kitchen vynyl and kitchen chairs/tables stretching.

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by MrNice, Apr 18, 2023.

1. MrNice

MrNice Active Member

Hi guys we occasionally get called back to lino/vynyl kitchen jobs as the customers chairs have pressure marked/stretched small areas of the vynyl and they have damaged it, they try to put the blame on us saying stuff like if should have a 10 year guarantee etc, but we advise them not to drag stuff, put a rug/leg cups etc down to speed the load/weight of furniture, we will use extra adhesive on an area we know will be used for tables and chairs but some customers seem to think it should be bullet proof no matter what, we help as much as we can and pull up the material to show them it's not the subfloor etc but it's still not a nice feeling leaving the job knowing they are not entirely satisfied with the outcome.

What eould/do you fellas do in the same circumstance?

Cheers.

2. MrNice

MrNice Active Member

I should add I'm talking about 2/3/4M width lino cushion floor not cardine or polyfloor or anything more solid/substantial I can appreciate that stuffs bulletproof as we fit that also.

3. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

Don't use the sh** stuff :D

4. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Do you fully bond the vinyl Down

5. merit

merit Well-Known Member

We don’t really use cushion floor because of this. Most my customers complain it rips if they want to pull machines out. Fully bonding it will help

6. MrNice

MrNice Active Member

I kinda agree lol... shouldn't the salesmen be making sure the material is fit for purpose?
    No mate it's cushion floor it only ordinarily needs bonding around the perimeter with heavy duty double sided tape but we will also apply an additional layer of spray adhesive to the floor if we know the table/chairs/office chair will be on the floor, if we fit cardine etc we fully bond it to the floor with the appropriate adhesive and notched trowls.

7. Paul webb

Paul webb Well-Known Member

I tend to push the felt back stuff, it's a bit tougher and usually advise that thinner is better

8. Rugmunching

Same here, I had to talk a customer out of lifestyles 5mm bouncy cushion floor and went with some rhino because it was a bar/shed at the back of her garden and all her mates come round dolled up in heels/stilettos every weekend to get hammered.
    Wouldn't mind popping in one Saturday night just to double check the floor actually :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Ryanf4888

Ryanf4888 Well-Known Member

What is cardine

10. Rugmunching

It's china's version :D

11. HC&F

HC&F Well-Known Member

A didn’t think there was another version