laminate on very uneven floor listed building

Discussion in 'General Flooring Chat' started by MartinL, Oct 25, 2017.

1. MartinL

MartinL New Member

Hi, newbie and DIY novice here.
    Looking for ideas on covering a very uneven clay tiled floor without causing damage to it. There are small dips in the middle and then whole side slopes down approx 20mm.
    We thought of laying down DMP and then self levelling compound before putting down the laminate but apparently tthat would only work for the thicker parts but the he thinner parts (just a few mm) will crack.
    We can try and level with thin layers of ply but again cannot screw them into the floor. Is there some way of attaching to the floor that won't damage it?
    Cheers

2. J d clarkson flooring

J d clarkson flooring Well-Known Member

Are you wanting to keep the tiles...... I’m not sure what you mean.........

3. MartinL

MartinL New Member

yes we need to keep the original 17th century tiles, but we really don't like them so want to cover them. Carpet isn't practical there.

4. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Could try a levelling product called eco pearls with a jumpax board overlay. Membrane down first if it's damp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. MartinL

MartinL New Member

thanks merit that looks ideal. where can i get hold of the stuff? cheers
    can it just be used over part of the room?

6. merit

merit Well-Known Member

They should give you a local supplier if you contact the manufacturer. Make sure you get a dust mask! I don't see why not but they have a technical guy that can give you more info. Unifloor is the manufacturer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk