Laminate recommendations

Discussion in 'Wood' started by Paul webb, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Paul webb

Paul webb Well-Known Member

Quickstep has always been our biggest seller and the laminate we usually recommend,but prices are going ridiculous ( not to mention, getting a bit pissed off at only being informed of price increases after they have already taken affect),at some point i think it will start affecting sales, so looking for decent alternatives. Any suggestions?

2. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

It's a piss take the amount of rises in the materials, carpets are taking the nut especially.

I've just been using Garrards own but sure it's made by quickstep still. Don't really do alot of laminate these days though....maybe because its getting ridiculously priced :rolleyes:

3. Paul webb

People aren't going to pay £48sm for laminate, we just had a 15% increase on two of the ranges, which applies to all orders delivered after 1st July, but a lot of the range isn't even in stock until at least some time in July, so all the orders we've taken for it over the last few weeks, we are now paying 15%more for and it's too late to alter the customers price

4. Rugmunching

It's just pure garbage with these price hikes, it's a load of shite that they saying due to the material they've had to up their prices because fair does alot of the stuff has gone up and ok a slight rise in cost but they're just taking advantage now to maximise their profits like new floors will be going out of fashion and to raise their prices twice in several months is another pile of dog shite.
    I've had enough of it all, they wouldn't sell half as much if it wasn't for us trademen yet they want to pull our pants down as far as possible and slap it that bit harder...

One of my reps didn't take it to well last week when she asked me why my value of orders have dropped with her and I told her because I feel like the company is getting greedy and few of my other suppliers havnt shot their prices up as much and often as them plus I'm able to get it that cheaper. She seems to think that I owe it to her and the company to support them then cheeky old dog.
    They don't get it that by us rasing our prices to stay in a decent profit that we stand to lose more jobs.

5. Paul webb

I feel sorry for some of the reps, had one in from hadfields, he brought these carpet sample books in, but there was no point in leaving them, as i had already had a rep in from another company with the same books and miles cheaper.
    Just wait until the shit hits the fan in the near future, all these companies will be bending over backwards just to get a sale

6. Rugmunching

1000% agree Paul
    My rep said to me 'but customers will still have to buy because everyone else is putting their prices up' my reply was 'but its about the ones who cannot justify or simply afford it with these larger quotes we putting to our customers'

7. fixitcarpet

fixitcarpet Member

Laminate flooring is a great flooring option for the home, with many benefits. It can be installed over your current flooring or installed on top of your existing hardwood floor. It can also be used to repair old, worn-out wood floors. Laminate flooring can last for decades and provides a long-lasting and beautiful surface for your home.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    • List
  8. AngryAndy

AngryAndy Well-Known Member

Oh, the Oracle has spoken.....again!!!