Livyn

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by LauraChimes, May 30, 2014.

1. LauraChimes

LauraChimes Member

Hi all,
    I just wondered if any of you had fitted the new QS Livyn range?
    Ive seen one that I like in their Essential v4 range but as its such a new product I can't find any reviews.
    Thanks in advance,
    Laura

2. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member Staff Member

if its quickstep it will be high quality. Quickstep products are very good.

3. Jambo

Jambo Well-Known Member

It clicks together very well, as you would expect from the brand. Ok, so you might pay a bit for it than some of its rivals but this one goes together and stays together. Nice product :)

4. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

Vivyn is LVT mate ?

5. Jambo

Jambo Well-Known Member

I know, they do it in click ;-)

6. LauraChimes

LauraChimes Member

Thanks for the replies so far :)
    I was looking at the stick down one rather than the click as I thought that if there was ever any major damage to one of the planks it would be easier to lift and replace one or 2 if needed. Im assuming you can't do this with the click together type. ??
    Thanks,
    Laura

7. Jambo

Jambo Well-Known Member

That's correct Laura, the click version works the same as laminate so in the event of damage you would have to lift up from the nearest wall. If you look through the pages on here most of us are fitting stick down product. My fault for assuming you wanted the click version. Out of interest, what colour is it you like?

8. merit

merit Well-Known Member

If its the same click system as quickstep laminate its very easy to replace a tile or two?

9. Wes

Wes Well-Known Member

I've actually wondered about that...If a plank needs pulling out in the middle of the floor, what adhesive do you use for the replacement??

10. LauraChimes

LauraChimes Member

The one Im interested in is the Patina oak light grey. Ive got 40m2 to do.
    I had the whole area covered in karndean white painted oak knight tile only 2 months ago but Im so disappointed with it (its awfully scratched already) that I want to change the lot! I had a QS laminate before that for years and it was fantastic. I thought that karndean would be hardwearing but it seems this particular range isn't!
    One more question pls…when I take up the karndean do you think I'll be able to scrape off the adhesive relatively easy from the latex? Im assuming I'll need to get it all completely off before the new adhesive is used for the Livyn? (Im not fitting it myself btw).
    Thank you
    Laura

11. Trimmer

Trimmer Well-Known Member

Try using the maintenance products on the Karndean

12. LauraChimes

LauraChimes Member

Unfortunately the scratches arent the only problem..ive counted 60 overlapping planks, it 'peaks' on lots of the joins. I believe its due to poor installation and the fact the fitters didn't acclimatise it. They are blaming the product tho. Its very awkward as the fitter is a friend of mine. We've agreed that he's going to relay a new floor for free but he didnt want to use the knight tile and told me to pick from the van gogh range instead as he says its a much better product. I didn't like any of the colours in that range tho so thats why im looking to replace with the livyn floor. The floor saga has been a nightmare to put it mildly!

13. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

Where is the karndean laid Laura? Screeded by your fitter? What glue was used?
    A lot of my customers have had the knight tile without any complaints, how come its so badly scratched?
    if it was me id be ripping it up, Str machine off the residue and put a fresh coat of screed down regardless. By the time you have scraped the old glue off you'll most likely find where the scraper has dug in.

I laid some of that karndean white painted oak last week in a conservatory and I made sure the planks were acclimatised for 4 days but looks so nice when down. If you like the flooring then get it fitted 'properly'. Sounds such a shame that its only lasted a couple months.

If your fitter is so confident that he fitted it by the correct guidelines then why hasn't had Karndean out to back up its no fitting error and is the product at fault? (Even though Karndean don't like to admit their product can fail but still....)

In my opinion every fitter has a least favourite plank they don't like fitting for whatever reason but if you want and like the Knight tile still then get someone else to fit it for you if he doesn't want to do it. How long has he been doing Lvt??

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  14. Spacey

Unfortunately I agree with the above defo sounds like bad fitting to me ?
    I lay lots of knightile on a regular basis & don't have any issues

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  15. Cre8tiveflooring

Cre8tiveflooring Well-Known Member

Really??

16. Jambo

Jambo Well-Known Member

I'm struggling to understand why your fitter thinks he can fit the next floor better than the first? Regardless of what brand different fitters favour the basic preparation and installation process is the same. I can appreciate that it's awkward as he's a friend but ultimately you're the one looking at the floor every day, get it the way you want it.

As for the appearance of the Karndean, despite any manufacturers blurb they all scratch and scuff but they shouldn't wear through. As mentioned above, have you treated your floor with the maintenance products?

17. merit

merit Well-Known Member

The point is if your use to a quickstep floor which will not scratch you will be disappointed in knight tile. It's soft as hell and cannot be compared to quickstep. Maybe you would be better off going back to quickstep rather than a lvt?

18. Spacey

Yeah really

19. Distinctive Adam

Distinctive Adam Well-Known Member

Mindless plug.....take a look at distinctive flooring!!!! Sounds to me there are either issues with the sub floor or dare I say it, the fitting.....us manufactures are always happy to view any complaint and advise accordingly. Hope it's gets sorted for you Laura

20. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Can you post any pictures Laura of the Karndean. Have you put felt pads on your furniture ?