Looking for advice on carpet after carpet moth infestation

Discussion in 'Carpet / Textile' started by Westie, May 31, 2021.

1. Westie

Westie Member

I have 80/20 wool carpets in most of my rooms, but I had a carpet moth problem in one of the bedrooms, so need to replace it.

I'm a bit wary of fitting another wool carpet in case the problem happens again, so I am reluctantly looking for a man made carpet for this room. I've read on the forum a couple of recommendations for Victoria and Abingdon carpets possible with cloud 9 underlay.

Would this be a reasonable option, or would it be reasonably safe to go for another 80/20 wool carpet?

Thanks

2. Carpet tucker

Carpet tucker Well-Known Member

If you really want wool,westex are pre treated against moths

3. Westie

Westie Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I had a look online and it's outwith my price range. It's for a guest bedroom that will only be used occasionally, so I'm looking for something a little less expensive.

4. Carpet tucker

Carpet tucker Well-Known Member

Sorry yes westex too good for a bedroom, abingdon and Victoria both do some decent stuff without being too expensive

5. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Abingdon and Victoria are great carpets. Both also have 80/20 carpets that have moth proofing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Westie

Westie Member

Merit, thanks. I don't know much about these companies, so would you be able to recommend what range I should be looking at for a manmade and a 80/20 wool?

Thanks

7. Simon Grimley

Simon Grimley Well-Known Member

I sell a fair amount of Victoria. If you’re after a plain twist have a look at Heartland (47oz man made) or Tudor Twist (multi weight 80/20).
    Both are great carpets and when fitted on an appropriate underlay feel amazing.

8. Simon Grimley

9. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Penthouse seasons is decent and a low price for a wool carpet

10. Gavin Fernandes

Gavin Fernandes Member

We went with Victoria - can't go wrong to be honest.

11. Westie

Westie Member

Thanks for all the advice. I will be going for Victoria.

12. Simon Grimley

Make sure whoever you use registers the warranty with Victoria and the WOW Warranty if you go wool.

13. StevieQ

StevieQ Member

We had some moths in our property when we first moved in.

We used a moth powder which was sprinkled onto the carpet and (not suggesting you don't already but) regular hoovering where the skirtings meet the carpet got rid of them.

We found that the moths were brought into the room on an old bean bag too!