Looking for work as Improver in South London area

Discussion in 'Job Centre' started by Alfie Bruton, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Alfie Bruton

Alfie Bruton New Member

Hello my name is Alfie and i’m writing today to enquire about a possible job opportunity or if you have any idea of another job opportunity about.

I have been doing flooring for about a year now as i left college after getting my level 1 in bricklaying as i decided it wasn’t the trade i saw myself doing for the rest of my life , In this time i believe i have picked up the basic skills required for this field of work , I can fully prep for Laminate , Carpet and Vinyls also i know how to scribe , cut and fit Laminate and Karndean , I feel as though i learn quickly from people when i’m just working one on one as i pick up their habits and take in their tips and tricks. I also pride myself in being a fast learner also i believe i can work independently as well as in a group. I’m most comfortable with laminates as i’ve been on a site for a while which has been mainly a quickstep system also mixed with a limited amount of Karndean. I’ve been happy at my job but the reason why i’m looking to move to another employer is because i feel as though my opportunities to prove my skills have been limited and i haven’t been able to fulfil my potential in this work. I can see improvements in my work all the time that’s why i feel as though i’m ready to take a step up and show what i’ve been practising.

I have also been learning to drive with a provisional license i own my own car but just haven’t passed my test yet so i should have a license in the near future to help with work.

I live in Wallington so ideally i’m looking for work within the area

I hope that this message helps me to find some work for myself to carry on improving in my work

Thank you for your time

Alfie Bruton

2. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Good look Alfie, I’d be going to all your Local flooring shops and put your name about.

3. Neilydun

Neilydun Well-Known Member

There is a flooring distributer called STS in Croydon.
    I would ask at the trade counter, if you could pin your details to there notice board, and ask if they know anyone looking for help. Its busy at the moment, so you might be in with a chance.

4. Alfie Bruton

Alfie Bruton New Member

Yeah i used to go there with my old company i’m familiar with it in there and it’s only around the corner from my house , Thanks for the advice i’ll give it a go and see what comes from it.

5. James Keenan

James Keenan New Member

Alfie,

Are you still looking g for a start?

6. Alfie Bruton

Alfie Bruton New Member

Could you contact me on 07308 526260 please

7. Martin Cotterill

Martin Cotterill New Member

Hi Alfie,
    Are you still looking for a full time role? We are fast Growing Company and are looking for improvers and apprentice floor layers to join our existing team.

8. Alfie Bruton

Alfie Bruton New Member

Hello mate sorry for the long reply i’ve only just seen this , and yes iam could you contact me on 07308526260 please