Luvanto too good to be true? Advice appreciated

Discussion in 'FAQ Section For Consumers' started by Lynsey, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Lynsey

Lynsey Member

hi there.

I would like LVT in my hall, living room and dining room (or real wood but I have young children so not sure if it’s practical?). I priced Amtico but it’s way out of my price range. A local floor company has said Luvanto is a good option and gave me a great price. Is it too good to be true or will I be buying cheap buying twice? Any advice would be really appreciated as I’m 200 pages deep on Google trying to research and I don’t have a clue

I have an older property so I would like to keep with that look ideally so nothing too modern looking. In the Luvanto range, I’m looking at country oak herringbone.

If it helps, my sizes are

Dining room: 3.6mx 5.3m
    Living room: 3.8m x 4.2m
    Hall (l-shape): 1.5mx 3.6m and 0.8x2.4m

Ideally, I want to spend under £2500. They have quoted me under that excluding screeding. Amtico was more than double that but I know it is known for better quality. Karndean Van Gogh was slightly out my range too but I would save for a while longer if need be.

Thank you so much for any advice. I can’t afford to do this twice so want to make the right choice. :)

2. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

Luvanto is not bad at all. Fitted a fair amount of it in the herringbone and it's not bad for the price for what it is but I wish they would add a few more variety of patterns within the mix of planks. Did a job in the ebony, pearl and priory oak which looked good.

If you can save for the Van gogh though then do it, VG is a nice flooring and one of the favourites, far much better than Luvanto.

3. Distinctive Adam

Distinctive Adam Well-Known Member

Don’t over think it, go for it.

4. Lynsey

Lynsey Member

THAnk
    thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it. I got confused - it’s not Van Gogh I’ve been quoted on - it’s Da Vinci (too many Italian painters!). Is Van Gogh pricier than Da Vinci, I take it?

5. Lynsey

Lynsey Member

Too late, I’ve been overthinking for months. I’m Scottish - finding it hard to part with my cash ;)

Do you mean just go for Luvanto or just go for it in general?

Also, I forgot to mention he also suggested a brand Authentic Herringbone. Have you heard of this? It’s not waterproof though.

6. tarkett85

tarkett85 Well-Known Member

Honestly Luvanto is decent for the money, if the price is right for you go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Lynsey

Lynsey Member

Thank you.

8. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

Da Vinci is nice aswell but remember they are only 3" wide planks, depending where you source your flooring from DV is slightly more a m2 but not a lot.

9. Lynsey

Lynsey Member

thank you
    thank you

10. Distinctive Adam

Distinctive Adam Well-Known Member

Just got for it, luvanto will be fine, I’m half Scottish I know your pain.