Luxury Vinyl Click flooring

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by Calypso, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Calypso

Calypso New Member

Am thinking of using Luxury Vinyl Click Flooring planks from B&Q instead of carpet in my flat but am worried about the noise for my neighbours below. I have tongue and groove chipboard sub-floor, it's quite flat but it does bow and slope in places as very old building.

My question is can i put underlay beneath it for both additional soundproofing and comfort, or does it effect the stability of the click mechanism? I have big gaps under my internal doors and so the extra depth of underlay would close them up a bit. The most important thing for me, for reasons, not mentioned here, is getting a flooring that is not fixed down to the chipboard subfloor, just in case anyone suggests i put plywood down first.

Any help MUCH appreciated.

2. merit

merit Well-Known Member

If your going up in height your underlay will need to be solid as clic has a top lock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. woodroom

woodroom Member

Need to make sure any underlay used is recommended by the supplier as these lvt click systems can be very dodgy and suppliers look for any excuse to avoid dealing with complaints on them