Luxury Vinyl Plank over 3 types of existing floor

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by grady, Feb 24, 2020.

1. grady

grady New Member

Hey folks Im a new member and will be installing LVP throughout the 1st floor of my house. The product I purchased is Congoleum Triversa 7" x 48" about 1100 s.f. I would like to install it right over my existing floor. I have 3 different types of existing floor. 40% is carpet over plywood subfloor, 40% is hardwood flooring and 20% is ceramic tile. The hardwood is 3/4" thick 2 1/4" wide oak 30 years old. Where the carpet butts up to the ceramic tile it looks like the tile is 1/2" taller than the plywood subfloor under the carpet. Where the hardwood meets the ceramic tile it is almost flush, hardwood is slightly higher than tile. I think, when they installed the hardwood, they gradually sanded the hardwood down aprox. 1/4 inch so it is almost flush with tile.

First big question is, is there a product that can be applied to the hardwood to level it out? I will also need to fill grout lines and level the tile.
    If you can picture the area Im working with it is shaped like a U with sharp corners. The top rt side is hardwood meets carpet. The top left side is hardwood meets tile and then carpet.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

All existing flooring needs to be removed