LVT Expert Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by gazhugs, Jul 4, 2014.

1. gazhugs

gazhugs Well-Known Member

Gents

Been asked to take up what looks very much like a Marley Tile floor [72m2] at a local church hall.

They want the area re-laying with mosaic parquet to match an adjoining 90m2 mosaic parquet floor we are sanding and refinishing next month.

The tiles are big, about 30 inches width/length, [lime greenish in colour] and by the look of it have been laid [around 10 years ago i believe] with a type of sticky bitumen, i know this because apparently when the weather get hot the old adhesive seeps upwards thru a small gap or 2 so its quite obvious...

My issues are i have no idea how to price for the uplift, and as its sticky bitumen its bound to be a complete nightmare to take up...also the area will need self levelling as no proper prep work was done many years ago and you can see all kinds of undulations and dips etc etc in the current floor covering...

Is there a dpm or leveller that is designed to go over tacky bitumen adhesive ??

The area doesn't look too bad tbh, but they have asked for a quote so hence the above questions !!

Any advice on this would be appreciated...

2. merit

merit Well-Known Member

We had to take up 150 m2 vinyl tiles in a church hall and it turned out there were 2 layers and the base was stuck on the worst contact glue and was all on ashpalt. 3 of us 2 days with 2 bully scrapers and a hippo bag full out the front. I used na/ 1k turbo on top and lvt direct to the 1 k turbo and its still spot on just over a year later. Could you use engineered blocks instead of solid? Then you could probably get away with na or 1200?

3. Adam Noureddine

Adam Noureddine New Member

Merit can suggest you right there are another option is for you to contact Lvt Expert near you there are so many contractor available online who gave you a free estimate so its a easy and reliable option for you

4. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

I’d get ardex to spec it Gaz. Let me know and I’ll text you his number. Maybe ardex NA would be ok then DPM1c

5. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

Too many beers Daz??? Or you blaming the sun to your head :D

....clue are in Gaz's post ;)