LVT on stairs pricing

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by HC&F, Sep 23, 2022.

1. HC&F

HC&F Well-Known Member

Got a job coming up that needs priced per stair Labour only. Always done them on day rate. It’s domestic staircase, LVT to tread & riser plus nosings & bendy bull. Was thinking £15 per stair as that would equate to approx day rate. Direct message if you don’t want to share your prices,

Thankyou

2. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

That's cheap unless you day rate is £200

Last one I did around 4-5yr ago from bare step to full finish I charged £525 labour

3. Rugmunching

Took me a day and half for 11 steps and 2 bullnoses

4. HC&F

HC&F Well-Known Member

This is 13 straight & 1 bull. I plan on staying until it’s finished. Is my pricing fair?

5. HC&F

HC&F Well-Known Member

To be honest I think it is cheap aswell. Problem I have is one of the shops I sub to don’t give me a fitting price for jobs. I have a list of rates I bill them for which there happy with. They sell there product (mainly karndean and amtico) as a sqm meter price fitted, so a stair case may only be 2 boxes. They would charge the same for that 2 boxes as they would for a utility room for example. So they expect my bill to be the same. I’ve had countless conversations with them that each job needs to be billed accordingly for the area/complexity. So I want to put in a price I’m happy with but also doesn’t ruffle feathers. I get a lot of work from this shop and make some good money from them.

6. HC&F

HC&F Well-Known Member

I usually bill £225 for a day rate, but very rarely work on day rate

7. Adam Ribbz

Adam Ribbz Well-Known Member

It’s a lot of faffing doing a staircase if you don’t do them often… i use chopsaw for nosings, jiggy or plunge to cut all ply so I usually go very steep with price so it’s worth the headache if I get it.

8. Rugmunching

Yeah think we've all had that one swung over us at some point as well but you need to reassure them that they can't expect you to work a same rate m2 on a set of stairs compared to your usual square room.

Are you doing it all from start to finish?
    As in cutting up all the ply and fitting/prep it?

Straight set or you got winders in their?

There's alot of tasks around as apposed to fitting a normal room and if you are doing them in one day then considering the prep I'd be billing £300 minimum.

9. HC&F

HC&F Well-Known Member

Yes full prep start to finish. 13 straight & 1 bull.

10. Rugmunching

How long you reckon it'll take you?

11. HC&F

HC&F Well-Known Member

I’m usually at work for 8 and would like to finish no later than 6. The nosings arnt the ones where the tile wraps around the face, the tile slots into the top so that’s a little bit of time saved

12. Jason Sheehan

Jason Sheehan Well-Known Member

That's very cheap. At least double. I guess full planks and 90 degree steps. Agree with Adam, price so its worth doing, hope you don't get.. def not a Friday job