Lvt on top of lvt

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by James83, Mar 22, 2023.

1. James83

James83 Member

Right I know this isn't correct practice. Has anyone laid new glue down lvt on top of existing glue down lvt. Customer is adamant they don't want the up evil of uplifting the old nor do they want the cost of full floor prep by us. Or can you prime and screed over the top. Cheers

2. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

What is it with these customers expecting a perfect job but don't want to pay for it!

Foe me personally, I'd tell them to find someone else for the job. There's no way I'd even throw NA over it like some have done but that's just me.

Is the lvt stuck solid? Anywhere lifting?

3. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Uzin use to make a double sided adhesive tape for that. Designed for shop fit out or commercial areas always in use. You can feather the bevels with Uzin 888 and use the Uzin adhesive tape

4. James83

James83 Member

Yeah it is solid

5. HC&F

HC&F Well-Known Member

I know people that regularly screed over LVT and have also fit straight over LVT with no problems, not something I’d personally do

6. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

I’ve done it a few times when needed. F46 adhesive

7. Paul webb

Paul webb Well-Known Member

I've done it with a couple of bedrooms, using flex pro sticky underlay, that was about 5years ago and no issues with it