LVT plank and herringbone mix

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by Oikos100, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Oikos100

Oikos100 Member

Hi,
    We're hoping to lay Moduleo LVT down a wide hallway.

Due to allergies we can't have a rug so if we go the gluedown (not click) route were thinking of creating a patterned floor to create interest.

Has anyone tried laying regular planks but having a rectangular area of herringbone in the middle using just regular Moduleo planks combined with their Herringbone short planks? Is this even possible?

I know Amtico Signature and Moduleo Moods can create fancy floors but they are way way over budget.

Thanks for any advice

2. Paul webb

Paul webb Well-Known Member

Most things are possible, it's just a case of finding a fitter both capable and willing to do it,most shops should know what their fitters are capable of, just be prepared for additional labour costs

3. Oikos100

Oikos100 Member

Thanks - I thing I read somewhere that the Moduleo Herringbone has a bevelled edge, but the glue down planks don't (but now can't find where I read it). Even if a fitter had the ability to fit it, does anyone know if the plank and herringbone can be used together?

4. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

Its all beveled

5. Oikos100

Oikos100 Member

Ah...the sample I received can't have been full width offcuts then :D Thanks

6. Distinctive Adam

Distinctive Adam Well-Known Member

Look on Pinterest there might be the pics you want on their

7. Oikos100

Oikos100 Member

Thanks....Pinterest is a dangerous place for me! I get way too inspired about things I can't afford :D