LVT

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by Samson, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Samson

Samson Well-Known Member

In a contract situation, I obtain a near perfect flat and level floor with my screed in a large area. I avoid pressure sensitive products, and allow the adhesive to tack for ten minutes or so and lay the LVT in stages as I progress. The product grabs nicely as I place it in.
    My question is : Is a roller necessary and if so why?

2. burdman

burdman Well-Known Member

Yes. A roller expels potential trapped air and ensures good overall adhesive contact. Are you wet setting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

What adhesive are u you using?
    Only a pressure sensitive would be left to tack
    Wet sets are typically 5 mins airing time but by the time you've glued your section 5 mins are up so it straight in the adhesive

4. Samson

Samson Well-Known Member

Using Karndean high temp adhesive as there are large windows, and wet setting, though I was aware that you don't place planks into adhesive as soon as you trowel it. The areas are 70m2 oblong rooms, so the product will go down reasonably quickly with one gluing and one placing.
    What size roller would be ideal in this situation? Would a 50 KG be overkill?

5. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

When I wet set on Ke66/ke49 I do 2ft wide or to the 4th plank and use my hand roller when placing the planks/tiles in then when the full row is fitted I run my 68kg roller over it then just repeat in them stages. Works for me

6. burdman

burdman Well-Known Member

Same here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Floorever

Floorever Well-Known Member

Same here but I always use KE66 as a wet set!!! Not keen on the KE49 :(
    Defo roll with a 68kg roller

8. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

One of my subby fitters dont like using the 49 either.

9. Samson

Samson Well-Known Member

Thanks guys.