mapei course feedback

Discussion in 'Flooring Courses' started by Matt, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member Staff Member

well chaps, lets give our thanks and feedback to mapei for the course we was all on.

I will start and say thanks to the usual bunch that turned up as arranged. We was two down so i hope all is o.k with them.

So mapie, my thanks for the very good course you provided for us. I learnt a few bits along with product knowledge. I will be ordering a few bits to try on my next job

The only negative i have is that the repair compound is not in a tub!

Thanks very much.

2. hippyfitter

hippyfitter Well-Known Member

Second that mate,had a great day with a good bunch of lads,looking forward to the next one now!

+1 repair compound in a tub :lol:

3. Lambchop

Lambchop Well-Known Member

Thanks Matty Supra! and the guys at Mapei.

Got a Lino job tomorrow, and a full tub of Mapei adhesive to try out. Sweet.

4. Matt

whoop whoop!

O , who ran off with the tub of Turbo DPM? I wanted that! I hope you all loaded your van with the Free screeds, adhesives etc :thumbs

5. Daniel

Daniel Well-Known Member

Yeah really good course, the mapei lads had really good knowledge! Got a free tub of carpet adhesive, bag of screed and measuring bucket makes the day worth it alone. Thanks alot for organising it all Matt and thanks to the Mapei chaps.

6. flooringman

flooringman Well-Known Member

Thanks Matt for organising the Mapei course and for continuing to arrange for the other courses. I appreciate the Mapei products more now and must admit to being a bit blinkered as I tend to use only F. Ball products. Picked up some adhesive for a wood floor job next month and a couple of mixing buckets - a worthwhile day all round.

Matt - the guys who ran the course didn't seem to give out any business cards, it would be useful to have their details if possible in case we need any more information.

Thanks.

7. Matt

i will get the info for you mate

8. Lambchop

I have tried 3 of the Mapei adhesives I got at the training day.

Ultrabond Eco 520 Linoleum adhesive: Impressed with this one, was a bit like Forbo fix good bond and transfer.

Ultrabond Eco tack (tackifier): This stuff is thick and creamy compared to F41, goes of quick and has a really strong bond. Especially like the fact you can put a roller in the tub. (its rectangular)

Ultrabond Eco 380 vinyl adhesive: I liked this one as well, spreads easy with a strong bond.

I have also used lots of the VS90 which is a HT adhesive, highly recommended.

9. hippyfitter

hippyfitter Well-Known Member

how long did your mapei tape measure last? mine's in pieces :roll:

10. Lambchop

Spooky, it fell out of the van and smashed yesterday! I didn't think it would last the length of time.

11. bladerunner

bladerunner Well-Known Member

I thought something was a"FOOT".

12. bladerunner

bladerunner Well-Known Member

hW DO THE PRICES ON THE mapei PRODUCTS COMPARE?.