Merit

Discussion in 'Tool Chat' started by mjfl, Jan 14, 2017.

1. mjfl

mjfl Well-Known Member

Can you give me some info on each tool you want repairing please.
    What are they doing or should I say not doing?
    What happened before they stopped?
    Box of bits? Lol
    ;)

2. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Extractor just stopped working but if you wriggled the lead near the unit it would work again.

Bosch multi master power was going up and down before it died.

Fein just gave up

Box of bits was the duro stripper. All the ball bearing fell out and it basically seemed to rattle its self apart?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. mjfl

mjfl Well-Known Member

ok, but the box of bits didn't fall apart that much that the handle screws came out and every other screw came out as well. It's been taken apart to the point of nothing connected to anything. Who did this? were you using it when you over worked it and the bearing melted?

4. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Yes it fell apart when I was using it. The twat I sent it to (local wholesaler) to repair it took it all apart and tried to charge me £500 to fix it so I told him not to bother.

5. mjfl

mjfl Well-Known Member

Yeah, can see !! but every nut and bolt? all wires disconnected! It's not going to be a 5 minute job mate.. I've got to put it all back together first then see what goes..
    It might not be worth doing?
    Sounds like it was over worked then the bearing over heated and fell apart.. Not saying YOU over worked it just saying the bearing had.
    I've changed the bearing in mine 3 times now, the machine itself is old and bearing don't sit in the casing well anymore... just age....
    Leave it with me, but don't be surprised if it don't get back to you working.... It'll cost more than the machine is worth if you want me to spend the time doing it all at once.
    Best thing is for me to do it when I need a bit of chill out time and switch off.. not working hours if you see what I mean..

6. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Ok mate, I don't understand why it has been taken apart that much. Do you think they needed to do that? Sounds like it's not worth fixing up mate

7. mjfl

mjfl Well-Known Member

No they didn't need to pull it to pieces

8. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Mario your a star....tools are back up and running and thanks for sorting all the stuff I ordered the other week.