mflor feature strips

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by bournemouth, Sep 29, 2013.

1. bournemouth

bournemouth Super Moderator

Can someone tell me if the mlor feature strips are hard plastic like karndean ones or soft ones like karndean design strips

2. dannyboy

dannyboy Well-Known Member

Used to be hard plastic mate. Not sure if their any different now.

3. bournemouth

Cheers just found out there the wrong thickness anyway
    mr distinctive Adam when are they getting some proper strips colours and size

4. Distinctive Adam

Distinctive Adam Well-Known Member

In the hands of the management mate

5. bournemouth

Thats great If they can decide monday make them tues and get them to me wed that would be even better :)

6. Distinctive Adam

What were you after? 2.8mm or 3.4mm ?

7. bournemouth

22 packs of 5mm wide and 7 packs 10mm wide looks like that section of job will be going to karndean,

8. Distinctive Adam

Indeed as we only do the above two sizes! Must be a fair few boxes of tiles tho ! Happy warren !!

9. bournemouth

I dont understand those sizes there to close together only 0.6 of a mm difference and if your doing a job in italian stone lake garda you really want in my opinion a 5mm thick strip for an 18 inch tile and a 10mm strip to break the border from the field, yeah its a nice size job will be phoning Warren first thing in the morning

10. Distinctive Adam

image.jpg this is the monza Italian collection with 3.4mm strip. I know it's obviously as not as in depth as your one sounds but looks good I think. I'm sure in time we will follow project, karndean etc and do more options in the future, tell warren to put your comments on his weekly report.!!

11. bournemouth

Yes still looks good that, Will let him know comments cheers Adam

12. Distinctive Adam

Look forward in seeing the pics mate, I'm sure it will look ace.

13. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

I hate those plastic strips they spoil the floor & make it look naff ! Who even came up with the idea ? What a ****

14. pf flooring

pf flooring Well-Known Member

I personally prefer the polyflor strips, perfectly cut unlike karndean and the last lot I got from amtico where all manged in the big type boxes, when did they stop doing strips in those little boxes?

15. Spacey

Its been a while mate they just come in one box now per order & I don't like how there trying to save money with the tiles in those brown card board boxes it looks so cheap & crap when the customer see's there flooring arrive !
    They must think I've paid how much ?

16. pf flooring

pf flooring Well-Known Member

Its the fact that they are mangled from packing in the warehouse that does my swede in.

17. Distinctive Adam

Do the polyflor ones still come in the round tubes?

18. coolevilangel

coolevilangel Well-Known Member

no they come in cardboard packaging. tbh polyflors are what I like using most. they loose, packaged well and are normally in perfect nick, unlike k/deans ones etc that you have to peel apart

19. Cre8tiveflooring

Cre8tiveflooring Well-Known Member

I use polyflor ones more often than not. I used the ice strips with some project floor at the weekend and looked spot on. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380564610.120895.jpg

20. Spacey

The crappy plastic ones do but goodins don't !
    Still not a lot of choice unless you get them to cut some for you but that take about 2 weeks !