Moving Refrigerator On Owens Engineered Flooring

Discussion in 'Wood' started by Warminwisco, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Warminwisco

Warminwisco New Member

Its gonna be two weeks now since I had the floors repaired from an ice maker leak with 2 coats of Traffic HD over Owens which is white oak withis 5/8 with 5/16 wear layer. I have a 24 cubic foot french door refrigerator I'd like moved back the flood contractor Servpro cant get back to do it till july 18th they are busy and short staffed.

If I wheel the fridge back on its wheels will it mark, dent the floors or is there a way to do it so damage does not happen? Dolly with big rubber wheels? Thanks Great site haven't been back for a while.

2. Warminwisco

Warminwisco New Member

5/8 inch total thickness Owens over inch subfloor

3. merit

merit Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t want to test it! Put down some hardboard or ply or use a skate/barrow to move it

4. Paul webb

Paul webb Well-Known Member

You might also be able to use piano straps, if you wanted to carry it back in

5. Warminwisco

Warminwisco New Member

Thanks If I could ask another question. How do u get dried wood putty out of a looped short carpet,just a noticeable bit, on 3 stairs? Tried hot water damp cloth and soap, not real effective. Otherwise they did a great job! I just like R and Q wood. Owens is out of business they source the plywood from Russia. Has stood up great for 15 years