Mutli tool blades

Discussion in 'Tool Chat' started by dazlight, Jan 31, 2020.

1. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Where do you buy yours ?

cheap ones or top brands ?

2. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

I buy Starlock copies from ebay :rolleyes:

3. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

These scraggly dry looking people tend to knock my door with a bag full of these from time to time :rolleyes:

4. Spacey

Fien and Bosch blades are pricey especially now they both have the starlock system and no blade last very long so cheaper the better
    8 quid and upwards for a branded blade can go into silly money when it's something you use regularly

5. Paul webb

Paul webb Well-Known Member

I use Bosch because i like the curved blade, especially if I'm cutting something like a kitchen end panel

6. Glenn H

Glenn H Well-Known Member

Use cheap ones, if you spend big money on them you feel reluctant to change it to early. Then there always a chance of nipping something that blunts it almost instantly and then blade is ruined. Use cheap ones, change often and you always have a sharp blade to deal with the job. My 2 cents lol

7. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

I'm with Glenn on this one, went down the root of buying branded ones that ended up expensive in the long run so buy them in bulk off fleebay now.

8. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Branded multi tool blades are the biggest rip off going. There worth about 5p and selling for £10-£15 per blade. It’s should really be a crime to sell fein and Bosch blades. Get them cheap as possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Paul

Paul Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried the Fein multi tools or fein blades ?

10. Spacey

Fein are the best The blades are also good but expensive

11. Paul webb

I've got a fein 18v cordless, had it about 6 or 7years, gets loads of use, just had one repair (was a circuit board or something),expensive tool, but it's paid for itself. Don't like the Fein blades though

12. Paul webb

Anybody use a bepo?

13. hessman

hessman Member

HI Paul, yes I've used a Bepo a few times, far quicker than using a multi tool to cut lots of door frames and cleaner if under cutting kitchen end panels or oak frames. As for multi tool blades, I get them from Shark Blades as the price seems fair and quality is good.

14. Paul webb

They're great for when you're working in an older house and you know there are going to be lots of nails in the frames

15. merit

merit Well-Known Member

We use shark blades, good quality for the price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. MARC MCDONALD

MARC MCDONALD New Member

Get mine from amazon theyre cheap only £35 for 50 blades, i only use them to cut the door frames out tho.

17. Chris080580

Chris080580 New Member

Who do you buy your blades off of from eBay?

Chris

18. Spacey

Do you work for Revenue and customs or Inperpol ?

19. Chris080580

Chris080580 New Member

Hahahaha. Only work for myself. Just got the starlock fein and didn’t realise that all blades wouldn’t fit. So looking for a cheaper alternative to the fein blades. Had a look on eBay and a lot claim to fit the starlock fein

20. Spacey

Yeah just search starlock baldes and you'll find them Some copies have a section missing out the dome but they still fit Alot cheaper especially if you buy in bulk