Nailer for plywood

Discussion in 'Tool Chat' started by Samson, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Samson

Samson Well-Known Member

Always hammered my ply by hand, but wish to progress to a nailer as I'm starting to do jobs with 15-20 sheets at a time (mostly 9mm but sometimes 6mm).

Are all of these power nailers compressor fed, and do you need a separate compressor, or are some of them one unit?

Recommendations please. Will use once or twice a month.

2. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Yes you need a compressor and the nailer/stapler comes separately. Mario on here would be able to sort you out a full kit I’m sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Get a coil nailer though, the staplers are not as good

4. Samson

Samson Well-Known Member

What compressor would I need for an Orion CN45?

5. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Any , you just need the right connections which you can get at screwfix

6. Samson

Samson Well-Known Member

What litre capacity or power output compressor is needed for a coil nailer on speedy and continuous use for an hour or so? They range from about 6 litre to 200 litre. Sorry for my lack of knowledge on the subject.

7. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Smaller the better if your carrying it around

8. Neilydun

Neilydun Well-Known Member

We use 3 different types from 1.5hp up. All different size tanks, and all run a single nailer no problem.
    If your doing domestic, I would suggest a silent running one, as a standard compressor is pretty noisy.
    You can buy a kit, and the guns can be temperamental, so if you have a local pneumatic shop it may be worth asking them whats available, and if they can repair/service them on site

9. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

Don't buy a small compressor or a cheap one The motors burn out with continuous use I've had 3 blow up over the years.

Also look after the nail gun they need cleaned regularly and a couple of drops of compressor oil in them every use or an inline oiler