Need help with cables?

Discussion in 'General Flooring Chat' started by Ben Morgan, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Ben Morgan

Ben Morgan New Member

Hi, I have decorated the front room and ordered carpet to be fitted Monday. I have a problem though as I don’t know where to put the cables which I want under the carpet. Do I lay them round the wall? How do I attach them to the floor? I’m a bit stuck and any advice would be appreciated.

2. Paul webb

Paul webb Well-Known Member

If I'm putting cables under carpet, i would normally double gripper it and put the cables inbetween, i don't put electric cables under carpet though, it's a fire hazard and my insurance is unlikely to cover me if anything did happen

3. Ben Morgan

Ben Morgan New Member

4. Ben Morgan

Ben Morgan New Member

Thanks for the reply. I’m not actually fitting the carpet Paul so I’m not sure if he would do the double gripper thing.
    Can I tape or use cable clips hammered into the floor? How much room do I leave from the wall? Or do I put them against the wall? He could then put the gripper a bit out from the wall and not put underlay on the wires. Hope you get what I’m trying to say. It’s all a bit confusing to a newbie.
    TIA

5. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Gripper goes down first then the cable up against it as you need to keep the gap between the skiritng and the gripper. Or gripper either side of the cables if your a real pro as above

6. Ben Morgan

Ben Morgan New Member

That’s great. Thanks for the advice guys. Very much appreciated.