New carpet quality after cleaning

Discussion in 'Carpet / Textile' started by Thomas Dalsgaard, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Thomas Dalsgaard

Thomas Dalsgaard New Member

Hi

I’m looking for advise to deal with my contractor on a large office building project.

They have installed carpet, and as per agreement they shouldn’t do heavy dusty work in the office after installing. They did anyway.
    In picture you see a new row of carpet tiles to the left, which has not received work dust.
    To the right it is also new carpet, but it has been filled with big and small cement and gipsum particles, and after vacuum cleaning this look is as good as it gets.

As evident the vacuum cleaned carpet does not look like the new carpet which it should.

Now they want to do clean it by doing spot removal with chemical, use a spray to neutralize ph values and do encapsulation cleaning.

I need advise on whether this cleaning process could make the carpet clean and whether it will restore the carpet to original new quality or whether it will affect the color, look and resistance towards dirt compared to new carpet.

Hope you can help me.

Attached Files:

2. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

Let them have a go and if it does not look 100% then they'll have to replace it.

3. Thomas Dalsgaard

Thomas Dalsgaard New Member

Thank you for quick reply.
    My worry is that they clean it and it looks fine, but that the sustainability gets reduced.

I was paying good money to get a new carpet, and is a bit worried accepting a carpet that has been full or work dust and worked upon.

I’m not sure how to access whether it will be brought back to new quality after the cleaning or it will be “make-up” making it look new.

Any advise?

4. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

Do you know the manufacturer/brand of the carpet tiles ?
    Give them a call and they will advise you

5. Earvin Simpson

Earvin Simpson New Member

Carpet cleaning from professionals will help to get the best results. Cleaning method and technique also determines the result.

6. fixitcarpet

fixitcarpet Member

If you are looking for the best way to keep carpeting looking fresh and new is to deep-clean it regularly using a steam cleaner. But you can get the best results from professional carpet cleaning company.