No Go For F Balls 1200 Pro

Discussion in 'Subfloor Preparation' started by Flooring Innovations, Jan 21, 2023.

1. Flooring Innovations

Flooring Innovations Active Member

I remember somewhere you can't use 1200 Pro in a newly built conservatory under a DPM. Not sure where I read this, though. Right or Wrong?
    So that leaves Arditex NA, Ardex DPM 1C and NA on top. Always seem to do the trick.

2. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Should be ok as it’s moisture tolerant

new build if the screed is ok you could go 2 coats of uzin PE404 then grit primer & ardex CL

3. merit

merit Well-Known Member

May aswell use 2 coats of mvs and cl it. Goes up to 95%rh

4. merit

merit Well-Known Member

You don’t need to prime that either

5. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Why are you using a dpm sandwich on a newly built conservatory subfloor?

6. Flooring Innovations

Flooring Innovations Active Member

The base they put down looks like Stevie Wonder put it down on acid, and as the floor needs to be raised (15-20mm) to meet the current doorways into the house, I was looking to get good coverage for the DPM and final coat of latex. Still, it's what you're used to, I suppose. I haven't used the MVS or CL yet, so I will give that a go for a change. Cheaper than NA.:D

At last, I found where I read about 1200. The F Balls underlayment range states that 1200 pro is a no for conservatories on the back page.

7. merit

merit Well-Known Member

I’m not surprised. It’s a nightmare to level out in perfect conditions. Fball are the kings of disclaimers I must say. Watch out for their wood glue. You can’t bond planks over 1.5 meters long apparently