Not VAT registered

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Rugmunching, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

ok so im not not vat registered and have got along ok all these years but ive had a builder I do work for ask me to quote for a refurb at one of his fitness clubs he sponsors but instead of him paying me like he usually does its the actual club that will be paying me and they have asked for a Vat invoice....so what should I do?

Ive managed the way before but due to this club paying me then I cant obviously provide them with what they want so do I get a friend who is vat registered in the flooring trade to get me the materials instead and he provides them with the receipt for the club? ....which means they get to see my breakdown of materials vs labour costs.

Any tips?

I can get a shop I work for involved but by sounds of it they want a hefty drink for doing it!

Im assuming the invoice does not have to be itemised therefore the usual 'material cost in whole + vat'? aslong as they are vat registered of course...

2. Neilydun

Neilydun Well-Known Member

Can`t you just tell them your not vat reg ?
    No vat charged, no vat to reclaim ?

3. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

Yeah i told them im not vat reg so they asked if I can get them through a source with a vat receipt so they can claim the vat back on the materials. Material cost on the job is around £4500

4. Diesel10

Diesel10 Well-Known Member

I'm not vat Reg either and have occasionally been asked but companies for stuff like that. But I just tell them I'm not vat registered and let them speak to my accountant.

My accountant said to me that they benefit just as much as non vat invoices because it's a whole lump sum or something they can claim. Goes over my head and the companies just pay me each time.