NVQ2 question about credits

Discussion in 'NVQ/CSCS FLOORING ASSESSMENTS' started by pf flooring, Sep 20, 2012.

1. pf flooring

pf flooring Well-Known Member

What is considered a good credits total for your NVQ? on the back of my textile one I done last year ive noticed when looking at it, it has a total on the back for each module, I know how many credits you need to get either an award, certificate or a diploma but was wondering what was considered a good number total for a fitter?

2. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member Staff Member

each section has a set credits number. You have to get all credits in that section to pass that section.

So there is no good or bad, you either get to the correct amount of credits and then pass or you dont pass until you have all credits. You cant get extra credits in any given section.

3. pf flooring

ah ok because there was the award for 1-12 credits the certificate for 13-36 credits and the diploma for 37+ credits I assumed that the higher the overall mark the better, out of curiosity whats the highest possible amount of credits you can get overall then?

4. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member Staff Member

it all depends on what your doing. If you was doing a level 2 NVQ you will have a set amount of credits you need to get. If you was doing a level 3 then there would be more credits. The extra credits will be extra units you have to complete for a level 3.

So for example you may need a extra 10 credits, those 10 credits may be for management or there may be 2 sections you need to complete extra at 5 credits each.

If you was doing carpet / vinyl / wood you would be scored more credits. It all depends on how much stuff your doing, you may want to add ceramic tiles which is extra credits again but if you was only doing ceramic tile you would have less credits than if you was doing carpet and vinyl.

Like i say, each section has a credit score and it all depends how many sections / add-ons you want to complete.

5. pf flooring

ah ok cheers