Old Returner

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by pgw1000, Aug 11, 2017.

1. pgw1000

pgw1000 New Member

Hi All
    I'm returning to the industry after over a 20 year gap (god help me!). I was fitting carpet and vinyl way back in the 80's and 90's, and loved it. But, went into management in a totally different industry, chasing the money. Anyway, in 2012 I left that and started up a carpet and upholstery cleaning business not thinking I'd be fit/young enough to go back to fitting. However, the difference between polishing an office chair with my butt for 15 years and humping cleaning equipment around has made a big difference to my health and fitness. So, here I am ready to get back on my knees and crack on with carpet and vinyl fitting. I've joined this great forum with the hope of help and advice from you guys to catch up on what's changed (bet we don't ring and pin anymore haha). Looking forward to chatting with you all. Cheers.

2. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Welcome mate.

Get ready for red knees

On tapatalk HD

3. pgw1000

pgw1000 New Member

Thanks dazlight.

Are yes, red and bold knees. I remember that look very well. Haha.

4. Glenn H

Glenn H Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum

5. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Hello mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Distinctive Adam

Distinctive Adam Well-Known Member

Hi

7. FirstMats

FirstMats Member

Welcome back to the industry.
    I used to work in a factory, enjoyed being a grafter and then jumped into an office. Felt like I hardly moved all day so can understand why you'd want to get back into an active role! I compensate this with gym and dog walking but do enjoy getting my hands dirty too!