Polyflor Colonia?

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by FDSW3, Jul 4, 2020.

1. FDSW3

FDSW3 New Member

Hi

We’re looking at installing an LVT floor in two adjoining rooms; an office (which will not get very much wear and use) and a playroom for a couple of girls (aged 6 & 8) which will. We’re looking at a glue down down as we prefer the neater finish you get around the edges.

We’ve found a product called Polyflor Colonia which is very cheap at £14sqm down from the usual £15sqm.

We don’t want to spend a fortune and find ourselves being precious with floor as it will be in a playroom, but at the same time don’t want something that’s not going to be up to the job.

I see this product only has a 7 year domestic warranty and a wear layer of just 0.2mm.

Is this product too good to be true? Are we better investing in Polyflor’s slightly more expensive Camaro range with a 0.3mm Wear layer? Or a better brand like Karndean or Amtico?

Thanks in advance for your help guys.

2. tarkett85

tarkett85 Well-Known Member

Camaro is significantly better although I would recommend something with a 0.55mm wear layer personally, if you’re looking to save money a decent laminate will work out better on your pocket you just have to be careful with spillages, anything AC4 and above with a decent underlay will do the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Agree, I’ve seen colonia wear through before it’s 7 year wear warranty. It’s more for bathrooms and very light traffic areas. Jump up to camaro or expona for not much more money. The cost is in the prep and labour, make sure it’s done right or it will wear and look badly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

Yeah colinia is rubbish for big areas, like merit sats it needs to be less used areas for it to last atleast.
    I talked a customer of mine out of having it throughout her ground floor in the nordic Oak.
    She had the bianco from camaro range instead.

5. Rugmunching

*colonia

6. Floorever

Floorever Well-Known Member

Agree, make the move up to camaro.

7. FDSW3

FDSW3 New Member

Great - thanks for your advice everyone.

Have found LG Decotiles at 0.55m for some really good prices. Anyone have experience of this product?

8. Floorever

Floorever Well-Known Member

I personally don’t like it. I would say if your on a budget then go with camaro or tlc

9. Rugmunching

I can't get on with it, to much faffing around trying to closing it in tight. Dont understand how LG can't rectify their poor cut tiles :rolleyes:

10. Distinctive Adam

Distinctive Adam Well-Known Member

Look for j2 flooring