prep/dpm/screed

Discussion in 'Subfloor Preparation' started by Chris87, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Chris87

Chris87 New Member

After lifting old laminate in my lounge (re-decorating) and hall discoverd old thermoplastic tiles and bubbled screed. After safe removal of tiles, lifted old screed right down to the concrete. I've chosed howdens v groove fast fit. i'm sure its around 8mm thick, then the half decent foam underlay which is 5mm. Whats the best course of action to take in preparation?. Basicaly good sweep out and pva, then a decent latex 5mm screed say from sika?... sure they have the sika 125 range?. or is there better?. Also on DPM'S the house was built in 1955. I assume its not had a dpm....but been reading that doing a dpm can push the moisture out to the walls?... is this true?. Also i assume theres some more prep work with having some deeper holes in floor, is there a specific type of cement based repair stuff that has to be used before screed goes down?. I've inlcuded some photos.

Thanks,

IMG_3641.jpg IMG_3643.jpg IMG_3642.jpg IMG_3644.jpg IMG_3646.jpg

2. Tomhood

Tomhood Member

No PVA, Ardex NA followed by Ardex DPM 1C followed by another coat of NA

3. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

4. merit

merit Well-Known Member

For laminate I would use Ardex NA without primer then use a dpm sheet under the underlay. We use a product from Triton that’s like a isolator sheet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Chris87

Chris87 New Member

Thanks, one other thing running a sky cable across the floor isnit okay to screed over or is that a no no?.

6. Tomhood

Tomhood Member

Fine as long as you chase out the floor and put it in some conduit fixed so it doesn’t pop up when you put smoothing compound down