Problems with adhesive

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by Freeley, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Freeley

Freeley Well-Known Member

This rubber job i'm on is getting beyond a joke now.
    Have done a couple of areas using Thomsit K150 (fibre modified dispersion adhesive) but the adhesive doesn't seem to be taking to the latex. I've peeled up a couple of tiles as easy as you like with all the adhesive stuck to the back of the tiles and nothing left on the latex.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Sorry this one is sideways!

Subfloor (anhydrite screed) has been moisture tested using the carbide bomb method by Thomsit, have used all their recommended products, primed twice, latex was AS1 rapid calcium sulphate which has been swept and hoovered prior to sticking.

Anybody got any idea what the hell is going on? Never come across this problem before.
    Thomsit rep is not much use, Artigo don't even have one in this country apparently and couldn't give a s###.

Cheers,
    Jason.

2. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member Staff Member

the top screed is defo primed? (the bit your sticking to) or are you sticking direct to the smothing compound?

Is it the correct primer?

3. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member Staff Member

where is the job mate? if its local to me i can pop in and do some tests for you.

4. Freeley

Freeley Well-Known Member

I've not primed the latex prior to sticking the tiles, the thomsit rep did the moisture tests and specced the job for me and he made no mention of this.

I did ask him about priming it yesterday and he said i could if i wanted but there is no need unless is is dusty.

Did a couple of test samples last night with and without primer and the one with the primer definitely left more adhesive on the floor when i pulled it up this morning, so could be the way to go even though i won't get paid for it.

I'd love you to have a look Matt but the job is here in north devon so probably a bit far :D