quarry tiles

Discussion in 'Subfloor Preparation' started by frenchy, Oct 12, 2017.

1. frenchy

frenchy Member

Hi guys, I was asked to go look at a job today done by somebody else, screeded and then cushion floor vinyl. The screed has blown in most places and came up in places with my hands! Positive they have used a sub par screed and mixed it poorly also without any primer! On top of all that the floor is damp. My question is the floor, now back to quarry tiles underneath, is a bit rough and I was wondering if before I put down some f77 can i screed with 1200 to smooth the floor out first? Then f77 then another layer of 1200? Because the floor is a bit rough I worry that if I go straight over it with f77 it will fail. If I do a screed "sandwich" will the screed at the bottom be okay? any advice appreciated
    Thanks

2. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Ask FBall. Pretty sure NA would be alright tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

Yes you can do that Degrease the tiles first

4. frenchy

frenchy Member

thanks fellas

5. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

Degrease, NA, dpm, NA....then fit the...:eek: hold up, wheres the LVT man? All that effort providing a nice sandwich to cover it with ......cushion floor

6. frenchy

frenchy Member

I know it seems like a lot of effort for a cushion floor but as usual these shops/fitters take on jobs that come back to bite them because they can't be bothered to do it properly or even know how to do it properly