Reclaimed parquet

Discussion in 'Wood' started by Niamh Loftus, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Niamh Loftus

Niamh Loftus New Member

Hi,
    So my builder couldn't find a floorer to lay reclaimed parquet so he has started the job himself. Should I be worried that the latex screed was not fully dry when he glued the parquet on top.The latex screed was laid about 48hours before. We have asked him to stop with this job as we are worried that the screed is not completely dried out and also worried that he has not used any DPM underneath. What should I do ? Help please.
    Niamh

2. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Chuck a bacon roll out the front door and hopefully he will follow it. Then shut the door on him and contact a floor layer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. tarkett85

tarkett85 Well-Known Member

The bad news is you have no chance of finding a professional before Christmas to sort out the builders stupidity, it’s the busiest time of the year for domestic work and they should have closed the books nearly a month ago. Are you in any state to get through Christmas until you can get it rectified?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Niamh Loftus

Niamh Loftus New Member

Do you think it is necessary to rip up the parquet he has done already, the glue on the underside is a bit damp looking. Whats holding me back from doing this is that he has used about 700 fingers of the flooring which we have spent hours removing the bitumen from, and if we pull his up, it means more hours with the wood plainer. Also it will damage the screed underneath. Also,can you offer any advice on how much to deduct from the invoice, as the flooring was included in the original price, ( to be done by a floorer). It included laying the reclaimed floor in an area of 3 x 3 m and sanding and varnishing a much bigger area of 10 x 5 m.

Thank you
    Niamh

5. Niamh Loftus

Niamh Loftus New Member

Do you think it is necessary to rip up the parquet he has done already, the glue on the underside is a bit damp looking. Whats holding me back from doing this is that he has used about 700 fingers of the flooring which we have spent hours removing the bitumen from, and if we pull his up, it means more hours with the wood plainer. Also it will damage the screed underneath. Also,can you offer any advice on how much to deduct from the invoice, as the flooring was included in the original price, ( to be done by a floorer). It included laying the reclaimed floor in an area of 3 x 3 m and sanding and varnishing a much bigger area of 10 x 5 m.
    Thank you
    Niamh