6. Don't do it - Only use glue down!

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  7. Other...

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.

Recommendations for rigid core LVT

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by jamie9090, Oct 8, 2021.

1. jamie9090

jamie9090 New Member

Hi, looking for some advice on rigid core LVT (SPC or WPC) both in terms of prep and recommendations for specific products.

I realise glue down LVT generally seems to be recommended here but I notice the rigid core products are supposedly more suitable for slightly uneven floors.

Total area is around 75m2. The sub floor in most of the house is wooden floorboards - except for a full width rear extension (kitchen diner) which is concrete + screde. All fairly level from a fairly quick check with a long level but I'm sure there will be uneven areas.

Most of the products I have looked at allow dips of up to 5mm over ~3m. Assuming I don't have bigger dips than this, would rigid core LVT be suitable to lay directly over the wooden floors and screde? Where there are bigger dips, what should be used to fill them. Or are the producers being overoptimistic and does the whole area need ply + self-levelling compound anyway, in which case I might as well get stick down.

Those that have used rigid core LVT - any recommendations on specific products?

2. Yiddo1982

Yiddo1982 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't use it on anything other than a flat floor as dips and bumps cause it to undo

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

3. Distinctive Adam

Distinctive Adam Well-Known Member

Floor needs to be sr1, zeezoo flooring SPC is brilliant and comes with the quick step click system. Planks and parquet available

4. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

I’d say don’t do a click but the ones above I’d go quickstep

5. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Floor needs to be very flat. A liquid screed can be ok but floor boards and most screeds will need prep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk