Reopening

Discussion in 'General Flooring Chat' started by Paul webb, May 30, 2020.

1. Paul webb

Paul webb Well-Known Member

Anybody know where we stand on reopening shops? I might be being a bit thick, but it just doesn't seem clear, the bigger chains seem to have reopened, but a lot of the smaller shops haven't

2. Neilydun

Neilydun Well-Known Member

A friend of mine is in exactly the same position, as the guidance is unclear.
    He has been letting people into the shop, on a pre arranged basis, and as it stands is going to open next week.
    I think so long as its done safely, it can`t be a problem, can it ?
    Something to do with Homeware ?

3. Paul webb

I've been doing the same for the last two weeks, was going to carry on that way until the 15th, i read an article in stocklists magazine, which said we could, but then ended with seek legal advice first, so still no wiser

4. mjfl

mjfl Well-Known Member

If you sell other stuff than just carpets as in trinkets and bits and bobs or furnishing you can open.

5. Neilydun

Like cans of spray glue or carpet protector ?

6. Glenn H

Glenn H Well-Known Member

Open up, if it's a problem then im sure an official would bring it to your attention.

7. Paul webb

I'll put a tin of beans in the showroom and say we're also a food shop

8. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

A few of the small shops near where I live have opened up this week. I was speaking to one of them when I went to fill up and he was the same as in he just didnt know where he stood. He lives above his shop and he was telling me the amount he's been watching that have been turning up the last couple weeks so he thought he may aswell open his doors again. He's took all precautions with a 1way system etc but he was telling me it was hard for him to control the traffic coming in. It's a smallish place and he's had to let one of his helpers go so it's just him and his mrs.

9. Distinctive Adam

Distinctive Adam Well-Known Member

Most shops have reopened on an appointment only basis

10. Paul webb

I'll just keep it as appointment only for the next two weeks, most customers are phoning first to see if we're open anyway, so easy enough to do, there will probably be people just turning up, but the shop is big enough for it not to be a real problem

11. stan1191

stan1191 Well-Known Member

Apparently its against the law now to have someone from outside your household in your home, so i guess we're all about to go to prison...

Honestly the dumbest rules and laws being applied here, some make 0 sense and contradict what theyre saying and doing.

12. Rugmunching

Shambles mate

13. Paul webb

At least suppliers are delivering again, although it seems pot luck as to when and if you get your order if they're using couriers

14. Neilydun

But very very sloooowwwlllyyyyy.
    I tried to order some carpet yesterday and it was a nightmare. Gave up in the end.
    Ordered a roll of Polysafe Monday, and earliest I can get it is Thrsday/Friday.

15. Neilydun

And no shagging......
    They just brought a new law in.
    WTF is going on.

16. Rugmunching

Anyone who adheres to that rule isn't a real man :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List