Replacing delaminated carpet

Discussion in 'Carpet / Textile' started by mickybrun, Dec 19, 2020.

1. mickybrun

mickybrun Member

I’ve had a customer ring me recently saying carpet I’d fitted over a year ago needed stretching , when I called to have a look turns out it’s a delamination problem, manufacturers have agreed to replace it . Two rooms landing and bedroom, question is who is responsible for paying me to fit both rooms again as they don’t seem to be willing to pay. Not had to replace a carpet for years so don’t know the procedure .

2. Paul webb

Paul webb Well-Known Member

Did you supply the carpet?

3. mickybrun

mickybrun Member

Yes and underlay

4. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Well they should pay. Why should you have to replace it unpaid. If you were well chummy with them they wouldn’t take the pee and would reimburse you. If they don’t you shouldn’t sell their products anymore or you could spent a few days of your year fixing their manufacturing problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

Good luck with that. I had the same last year with a dodgy carpet that had 'fell to bits' and my supplier was happy to replace the carpet but they don't cover the labour....bang out if order but its in their 'small print'...

I didnt give up though and I use these alot so after a kind reminder I can take my money elsewhere in future and the fact that my customer had complained to one of the directors they agreed as a 'goodwill gesture' that they would cover my labour.

6. Rugmunching

Totally agree.
    Its bang out of order that they think its ok to sell you a shit carpet that has a fault and expect you to replace their faulty product for free hence why I kicked off with them.

7. d'Arcy

d'Arcy Well-Known Member

I'm currently having this with a certain floating floor company... first customer was just offered replacement flooring - she refused this.... a week later another comes along - same batch - same problem... now going for the jugular...

8. Rugmunching

Good luck mate.
    Just for the record, mine took 7 months to resolve o_O

9. stan1191

stan1191 Well-Known Member

Does the company start with C and end in R by any chance?

10. d'Arcy

d'Arcy Well-Known Member

Nope. Starts with an E....