?

Is this tile usable?

1. Yes, absolutely. It will last a long time.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, but it might not last more then a year or two

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Nope. The installer is being honest. It's not usable.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Reuse parquet tiles?

Discussion in 'Wood' started by Newbie37, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Newbie37

Newbie37 New Member

We're moving into a house soon and really dislike the old tile flooring. By chance, my husband friend is a contractor and he gave us approximately 70 sq. meters of parquet tiles they pulled out of a house. He said they were good and could be re-used, so then we would only have to pay for installation (which is better since we are renting this house).

We had an installer come out and look at the tiles to give us a quote for installation. He said that more then half couldn't be re-used due to splitting on the edges. To me, the tiles look pretty good (but I'm not a professional). So I can't tell if he's trying to 'upsell' us on new tiles or being honest. Truth is, since this is a rental, we don't care if the floor lasts only a few years and then we rip it up when we move. But he's saying it's not usable at all (and more then half have no splitting at all).

Can someone tell me based on the picture if the installer is being honest about them being 'unusuable' or if he's just trying to get us to buy new ones?

Thanks!

Attached Files: