Scribing

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by BLINCO94, Nov 5, 2013.

1. BLINCO94

BLINCO94 Well-Known Member

First go at scribing today on some polysafe. Looked ok i think.

Attached Files:

2. TonyA

TonyA Well-Known Member

i never scribe safety, it just burns your pins out. I always block it & use a concave

3. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member Staff Member

Define scribing, what exactly did you do? (thats not meant to sound aggressive by the way, just cant seem to word it another way)

4. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

I can’t see what you've done from that pic ?

Explain ?

5. Nk1

Nk1 Well-Known Member

You still running jobs for that contract firm?

6. BLINCO94

BLINCO94 Well-Known Member

Yeah i am nick. To be honest mate been taught to scribe when i saw a flaw im my fitting. When glueing out well when pulling back it would push back of skirts . Id get my scribing bar and simply run it down with pin. Helpfull if wall runs out.

7. Matt

what do you do with the opposite wall? or you left with scribing the one and referring back to hooking in the opposite wall? always been a difficult one for me as you can only scribe one wall and not the other.

8. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

The calipers mate or dividers as some people call them?

9. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

10. UVcure

UVcure Well-Known Member

Why can't you scribe in all walls Matt, we normally do by either marking the walls you have scribed and pull up the wall , or use a bent set of dividers, with either a pencil holder type or standard dividers and just pull it back a foot , and back mark the floor

11. Trimmer

Trimmer Well-Known Member

Can scribe in both ends with a bar scriber. I pencil down sides of sheet, put reference line on sheet and floor/next run, pullback till just short of wall, set bar scribe to distance between reference lines. Run down wall/sheet end. Job done.
    Do it with Marmo if not templating

12. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Andy showed me how to do that last week. good method and it made getting the last drop in much easier.

13. UVcure

UVcure Well-Known Member

You can do it on all four sides by repeating the process but makeing sure it's kept square and in line, just make sure you back roll the Lino to reduce the shringage when sticking, either cut it bigger and allow for it or stick the Lino 2 foot away and then scribe it.

14. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Or pray the skirting is off ;-)

15. Spacey

Last week ? That's a bit late in the day ?

16. Spacey

Just like to point out that Lino doesn't actually shrink just seems that way ! When fitting lino you need to back roll your cuts tight backing out & rap a bit tape round to hold for 15-20 mins min then when you scribe set your scribers about 2mm short of your check mark.

17. Matt

I can mate, i was trying find out how blinco does it :)

I think trimmer on here has seen me back scribe, template along with a few other ways.

18. Spacey

There's quite a few different ways of scribing/ back marking ect.. I often find my self doing something one way & on a similar job do the same thing a different way ?

19. markyw

markyw Well-Known Member

thats the way eddie on the polyflor course did it years ago

20. Nemo

Nemo Well-Known Member

I pop/pot mark Lino with dividers, I found for me it's the best method in big areas without shuffling big lengths allover and eliminating the chance of em moving.