Some advice please

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by Simon Grimley, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Simon Grimley

Simon Grimley Well-Known Member

Hey all,

I’m replacing the vinyl at home in the kitchen and the subfloor is not what I expected from other areas and would like some advice.

The old vinyl has been fully stuck (as expected) but there is an odd thin layer under the adhesive that doesn’t cover the whole floor and doesn’t appear to be a smoothing compound.

Any thoughts and recommendations on installing the new floor. Don’t particularly want to have to grind and re screed if I can avoid it due to a little one and the fact we’re hoping to move in a few years.

We’re most likely going with Polyflor Secura.

Attached Files:

2. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

3. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

Few coats of 888s

4. Simon Grimley

That might be the easiest!

5. Simon Grimley

Not sure I have the skills for that Spacey :confused:

6. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

Its got to have some sort of compound on it else the vinyl will look gash. Get all the loose bits off with your hand scraper, a good vac and throw some NA over it.

I'm sure you could send the mrs out with the little one for few hrs or keep them upstairs for the morning. Walkable within a few hrs, job done mate

7. Simon Grimley

Thanks mate. Less worried if I don’t have to grind it all back. Least we are ripping everything out first so no need to worry about mess other than 2 doorways :D