Soundproofing for vinyl flooring

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by Kelley, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Kelley

Kelley New Member

Hello,
    My elderly parents do not want carpet in their new retirement flat which has concrete floors. The lease clearly stipulates they have to have carpet and get written permission from the landlord if they want to change the flooring.
    In an ideal world they'd like vinyl flooring (as laminate will definitely be too noisy). Is there any way of successfully laying a soundproofing underlay first to make this comparable with carpets. I'd like to find a solution before approaching the landlord so I can present a strong case.

Many thanks in advance for any help you are able to give

2. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

Regupol

3. Busylay

Busylay Well-Known Member

Regupol all the way , it’s the mutts

4. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

Karndean loose lay on it That’ll do the trick

5. Kelley

Kelley New Member

Thank you so much. I've had a quick look at both and need to do some more homework so hope you don't mind if I come back with further questions

6. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Jumpax is another good sound insulator. You could also incorporate a transit sound underlay to improve it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Distinctive Adam

Distinctive Adam Well-Known Member

Estillion do a few superb acoustic options for under lvt, looselay from karndean is a good shout from spacey.

8. woodroom

woodroom Member

coretec flooring could be a possible answer , its an lvt top on a composite core it is 8mm thick and fits just like a laminate floor it is also available with a built in cork underlay
    has really good acoustic properties and is a simple fix.

9. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Any direct sunlight coming in don’t use the hydro cork version. Unless you want problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk