SP101 compulsory?

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by Tim091, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Tim091

Tim091 Active Member

I am going to do as much of the floor prep on the wooden sub-floors as I can before getting the guys in to self-level on the screed and stick the vinyl down.

They have told me that I MUST use SP101 ply or the vinyl manufacturers warranty will be void. True?

Problems with SP101 are that it is more expensive than "normal" ply, and is virtually impossible for me to get hold of!

I have found one place that sells it online: https://www.flooringhut.co.uk/plywood-sp101-6mm-8-x-4-sheet but this appears to be an "own brand" version and I thought that the real stuff was only made by Hanson. Does it matter?

2. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Yes it’s very important as there is a lot of cheap ply about in builders yards.
    If you go for a cheap ply it could delaminate when screed or adhesive is applied.
    You could use FG1 ply as well.

What ares do you live in? Someone on here might be able to help.

3. Tim091

Tim091 Active Member

Thanks Dazlight. Is that SP101 on the link I posted any good (if you have ever heard of the brand!)?

I am in High Wycombe.

4. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

That’s a decent price really.

5. Tim091

Tim091 Active Member

Thanks, the guy who came around to quote said they pay about £18 plus vat. I'll order some up. £25 del isn't bad as I need about 10 sheets. Cheers.