SPC Herringbone

Discussion in 'General Flooring Chat' started by Mleachman, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Mleachman

Mleachman New Member

Hi all,

I am fitting some Herringbone SPC flooring in the downstairs of my house. I have fit lots of laminate flooring in the past, but this is the first time using SPC. At the time of buy the floor, I thought that I was buying LVT flooring which I understand can be cut with a Stanley knife, but now i understand that SPC is a bit different to LVT.

I just wanted some advice on the best way to cut SPC. I was going to use a Wolfcraft LC 600 laminate cutter, but I wasn’t sure if this would work on the planks. Also, I will be doing a curve cut around the bottom of my stairs, any advice on how I would tackle curved cuts?

I’ve never fit flooring in Herringbone style before, but my plan is to find the centre of the room, and then measure out to additional lines 27mm either side of that and use them as my guides for the A and B tiles. I am going to use a square tile to keep angles correct.

Any other advice you think I should consider is greatly appreciated

2. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

Good luck :rolleyes:

3. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

Sounds like you got biiiiiiiiig danglies :D

4. Mleachman

Mleachman New Member

Started it this morning and so far so good. For some reason it really hurts my elbows when clicking it in.

5. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Try using your hands to clic it in instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk