Tank room

Discussion in 'Subfloor Preparation' started by Neilydun, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Neilydun

Neilydun Well-Known Member

I`ve been asked to provide a tanking solution for a plant room, above a supermarket.
    They always leak to varying degrees, so it needs to work, and not just be a superficial solution.
    Its a powerfloat slab, with some nasty angles which might be tough to cove up vinyl. I would think I would need to box it out square with marine ply first if we were going down that route.
    I was thinking 2x coats of epoxy dpm, but I would need to form some sort of cove round the perimeter first.
    Anyone done that before ?

2. Paul webb

Paul webb Well-Known Member

Is there something like fibreglass that you could mould round the edge of the floor and up the wall before you dpm it?

3. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Could ask Sika or watco for a system? Or try a company called Triton. They do loads of dpm systems

4. Neilydun

Watco is the specified system. I suppose I could give them a call today and see what they say.
    My thoughts were to dpm then sand blind the finish.

5. Neilydun

Don`t really know. I was thinking something like ardurapid. Let is semi go off, then use a cove tool.

6. Paul webb

I was thinking more like using it flush, just to waterproof the base of the wall, then just use pvc cove as normal

7. Paul webb

Just realised you weren't thinking of going over the top of it, so just ignore me lol.
    I take it they are not overly concerned about looks

8. Neilydun

No, it just about the practicality of it. At some point it will leak, so needs to work.