The Carpet Estimator software

Discussion in 'General Flooring Chat' started by Robroy, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Robroy

Robroy Well-Known Member

Any one know whats happened to the people who sell this , there web sites dissappeared and not coming up on any searches ?

2. Rugrat

Rugrat Well-Known Member

Cant say I know why they have disapeared but you could try this email address, Nigel Welsh [[email protected]]

3. desken

desken New Member

I use this software all the time. The software engineer Dan Bloor has "done a runner" and will not respond to any calls. The fitting consultant Phil sold his shares in the company back to Dan early 2011. I think that the uptake of the program was too limited and although the one-off purchase price of £400-£500 with lifetime support seemed a lot of money it would have been better to offer the program at a cheaper price with an annual membership to keep enough funding coming in for updates and future innovation.
    What a pity.
    Make sure you have an up to date backup copy because the original data cd will not run on Windows 7 as I recently found out!!!

Cheers

Des

4. Rugrat

Rugrat Well-Known Member

I keep getting emails offering this system

5. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member Staff Member

Really ?
    Where do you get a copy to run on windows 7 ? i just updated shop computer and need to reinstall.

6. Robroy

Robroy Well-Known Member

Mine works ok on 7 , i have 1.40.70
    Cracking program, simple but effective.

7. Robroy

Robroy Well-Known Member

is that from mayne computers, because they were selling a package which I looked at which included the estimator

8. scotflooring

scotflooring Well-Known Member

Anyone got their version or similar for Amtico/Karndean?

9. desken

desken New Member

===================================

I had "exe" files 1.40.70 which installed perfectly on Windows 7

10. desken

desken New Member

The Estimators joined forces temporarily with Mayne but when I contacted Mayne about The Estimators even they were unable to contact them. The mobile number given to me was never answered by The Estimators!!!!!!!!

11. VitoManiac

VitoManiac Well-Known Member

You could always install VMWare on any pc so that you can run any XP only programs, it's not difficult to do, if anyone needs advice I'm happy to help.

12. hudsonflooring

hudsonflooring New Member

Hey guys, got a brand new business www.hudsonflooring.co.uk but have used this software for years! gutted I cant get it now :( can any suggestions for an alternative option for block planning?

Tom

13. tarkett85

tarkett85 Well-Known Member

Rfms do a decent program bit expensive though, Google it and have a look yourself mate.

14. Matt

if the carpet Estimator company no longer is trading does that mean that the product is no longer under copy right? or more to the point if i was to be available to make it available on the forum for you lot to login to members area and use?

anyone know the ins and outs?

15. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

That'll be in the hands of the receivers I would've thought, just because they have ceesed trading doesn't mean the copyright is null invoid.
    Best check Matt you don't want to get sued.

16. hudsonflooring

hudsonflooring New Member

I have used this software for 6 or 7 years while working for other people, now I have a shop I cant get it anymore! Dan Bloor keeps hanging up on me! Does anyone know of a retailer who wants to sell the cd rom and key? I will take it if they do not need it 01732 456 035
    [email protected]

17. pf flooring

pf flooring Well-Known Member

Did anyone find out anymore about the program? I'd assume it would come under abandonware now, been looking for a download for ages

18. Matt

Hi, yes i have found out more.

The product is back. If anyone wants a copy them pm me for details. (its not advertised at back at the moment)

I hope that in around 2 months time that i will have the option for you all to be able to download a copy direct from the company but they are still working on getting this sorted.

As it happens i have a meeting with them on Wednesday where i will be discussing a forum discount on the software.

Also the software works on all PC's. Apparently its the actual dongle that dont work on computers newer than windows98. The dongle is no longer needed with the new software, it is still secure but im not sure about all the details on this yet.

PS, the RRP is around £250 quid i think. Like i say i will be seeing what i can sort out for forum 'trade' members

19. pf flooring

pf flooring Well-Known Member

Are they going to be doing a mac version, for us customers that hate using microsofts buggy monopolised software :D

20. Matt

I will ask at meeting on wednesday :D