Underfloor heating install course

Discussion in 'Flooring Courses' started by Matt, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member Staff Member

Would anyone be interested in a course on installing underfloor heating (carbon mat) ?

We have been testing a new system for wood and lvt, we are very happy with this certain system

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350049359.981003.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350049382.841775.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350049400.944579.jpg

2. scotflooring

scotflooring Well-Known Member

How does that work as regards the electrics, ie we do the fitting and need to get a spark to commission?

3. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member Staff Member

Yes, it all comes pre wired (you send a drawing of the room and they pre make it to fit) so you lay it all out and fit temp sensor etc.

It comes with test certificate so you then test the risistance to make sure it is all o.k. Once you have checked that the resistance is correct to teh test sheet you can install your flooring on it.

Once finished you get a spark in to connect the actual power up.

You can also buy it in kit form. You have to make all the connections yourself. I would recommend you get a spark in to do this bit.

4. merit

merit Well-Known Member

I would definatly be up for that Matt. I get asked for this type of ufh alot

5. welsh wood

welsh wood Well-Known Member

nice option Matt.. I've installed this for years & it's fairly straightforward even to myself with VERY little spark knowledge... easy money - if you can get upto speed with the ufh install you can do this & install eng. / laminate in same day - Most I ever completed was 2x zones UFH PLUS 38m2 eng. Maple 3-strip...... :cool: