Underfloor heating underlays

Discussion in 'Carpet / Textile' started by stan1191, Sep 24, 2021.

1. stan1191

stan1191 Well-Known Member

Fit a large home this week with underfloor heating, builder specified wilsons thermalstream.
    Cant cut it from the back, tears like a £10 cheap underlay and doesnt cut in well at all. Its Also really soft and with sensations specified ontop i figured that would just lead to flattening even faster? http://www.wilsons-underlays.co.uk/thermalstream.html

Whats your recommendations on the best ufh underlays?

2. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

Same here, I've used this twice for a customer and for something so soft you'd think it would cut easy.
    It tears very easily as well especially when you give it a bump with the foot.

I'm going to go back to the duralay Heatflow or Roma

3. merit

merit Well-Known Member

I’m using radiance. Love it. Bit thin tho. Duralay king is very good but it’s heavy stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. John Randle

John Randle Member

The holes in thermalstream means you do have to take a bit more care when fitting it. Its made using memory foam which has better recovery properties than normal foam, that's also is why it feels so soft :rolleyes: Im not keen on the other UFH underlays, there all very hard to walk on. King is OK but i'm sticking with thermalstream for the time being, customers love it.

5. tarkett85

tarkett85 Well-Known Member

Memory foam really doesn’t have better recovery properties, once you get heat and weight on it there’s no going back you will get dipping that won’t ever recover it’s all snake oil especially considering the lack of density it’s why people are moving onto latex or back to natural fibres in their beds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk