Upvc trim to cover up ridge

Discussion in 'General Flooring Chat' started by ar87, Aug 18, 2019.

1. ar87

ar87 Member

Hi

Just had a new LVT floor laid in the conservatory and there is a protruding ridge around the edge of the upvc frame just above the new floor level. I’ve attached a photo from above so you can see.

It doesn’t stick out that far from the main frame (a few mm) but the height is uneven around the room. On one side you can barely see it at all, but on the side in the photo it is a good cm in places.

I’m looking to finish the room off with some sort of upvc trim all the way around but do you have any suggestions as to how to do this neatly considering the ridge behind. Eg I could stick something on all the way round but would need to run some sealant around the top after. Or is there something out there which would almost hook over the ridge and neatly cover it all up?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

Nice straight cuts they are hey :confused:
    Dont think you'll get a better finish with anything than the floor being levelled with the trim instead.
    Can you post a pic of the whole frame from low level to see the lot :cool:

3. Paul webb

Paul webb Well-Known Member

Is that a click or a stick down lvt?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

I thought same but seen the blob of adhesive

5. pf flooring

pf flooring Well-Known Member

That should be cut in tighter than that, it's not hard, but also against a patio door you should have a silicone finish due to condensation from glass, get them to come back and put some white mastic on that point to tidy it up and should be fine then.

6. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

I'd be more concerned with the big gap :eek:

7. Paul webb

So not an intentional expansion gap then, I'm assuming the rest of the room isn't much better

8. Paul webb

A pvc D bead (flat on the bottom, rounded on top) would do it, about 20mm tall, then silicone flush with the top to fill in the gap

9. ar87

ar87 Member

Thanks for the replies - I will look into a pvc D bead. I asked them not to put silicone around the edge as I've seen this done poorly in our last property and my dad's a dulux select decorator so will get him to do a neater job for me. I knew I'd be covering the edge with some sort of trim so not worried about it not being perfectly tight. None of the muck in the photo above was from this job - that's the crap from the old floor laid in 2007 which I took up! Here is a picture from the front, thanks all

Attached Files:

10. ar87

ar87 Member

It's a stick down