Victoria Carpets vs Valley Wholesale Carpets

Discussion in 'Carpet / Textile' started by PaulE, May 31, 2022.

1. PaulE

PaulE New Member

Hi,
    I've always had wool carpets in the past but a recent major moth infestation means it's "never again" for me, so I'm looking at man made. One supplier is offering Victoria Carpets 'First Impressions' or 'Freedom', and I can find the specs for them online. Another supplier is offering Valley Wholesale Carpets 'Gamma' which feels like a nice carpet but I can't find anything about it online, and when I called Valley they told me they couldn't talk to me unless I had an account with them! Does anyone have any experiences of Valley Wholesale vs Victoria polypropylene carpets that they could share?
    Thank you in advance!
    -Paul

2. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Victoria first impression is a great carpet. I’m not familiar with vally gamma. You should check they are the same manufacturing quality. If it’s 2 ply and what it’s made out of etc

3. tarkett85

tarkett85 Well-Known Member

Valley is a wholesaler, the carpets are rebranded and renamed so unless someone has that sample book we couldn’t tell you anything about it, it could come from any number of manufacturers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Penthouse have moth proof wool carpets

5. Liam040383

Liam040383 New Member

Valley wholesale tend to do things befitting for a council house, Victoria carpets make the carpets for the royal family , no comparison

6. tpettle

tpettle New Member

I see there's positive things said on this forum about Victoria carpets, but I searched them on Google and they are rated only 2/5 with complaints in customer reviews about the carpet shading, etc.. What are your thoughts on this?

7. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Depends on the range. Some of the wool mixes shed a lot I’ve noticed. But still better than most out there. Quickstep has bad Google reviews but it’s without doubt the best laminate out there

8. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Although the quickstep vinyl clic is bloody awful and deserves all the bad reviews.

9. tpettle

tpettle New Member

Is First Impressions a good carpet for durability, as it seems to be a high pile carpet?

Some sites say First Impressions is a twist carpet and others say its saxony so there appears to be different types.