Victoria Ultimate Impressions - suitable for Stairs & Landing? + Underlay recommendations please

Discussion in 'Carpet / Textile' started by JamesBond, Nov 23, 2021.

1. JamesBond

JamesBond Member

Hi All

Wanted to get the experts opinion on the above please.

I am looking to lay Victoria's Ultimate Impressions' twist carpet in 5 Bedrooms + the Landing and Staircase.

This was chosen after comparing with Cormar's Primo Ultra & Grande carpet ranges - I hope I have made the right decision?

The Victoria carpet has a pile height of 15mm and a total thickness of 17mm - would such a high pile height be suitable for high traffic areas like the staircase and hallway? Or would premature pile flattening be a concern?

The carpet seems to have a "Heavy Domestic" AND a "Heavy Commercial" rating so I was thinking it might be fine for these use cases?

Addtionally, what would be the best Underlay pairing with the Victoria carpet? From my research, I was thinking:

Bedrooms: Wilsons Plushwalk 12mm OR Tredaire Dreamwalk 11mm OR other...?
    Staircase & Landing: Cloud 9 Connoisseur 10mm OR Cloud 9 Cumulus 11mm OR other...?

Primary aim is longevity and having the carpet looking good for at least the next 5-7 years..

Thank you for any advice or recommendations

2. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

9mm underlay for stairs would be best. Tredaire Chromium

3. JamesBond

JamesBond Member

Thanks Daz, hadn't considered dropping to 9mm for stairs - will look into that product.

Any feedback on the carpet choice and Tredaire Dreamwalk 11mm everywhere else?

Thanks

4. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

The ultimate is a great carpet. I would still do 9mm underlay in bedrooms myself though. I find 11mm to thick with a thick carpet.

5. JamesBond

JamesBond Member

Thanks Daz - I'll have to find a sample, then decide either way!

6. JamesBond

JamesBond Member

Do you cover NW London by any chance?

7. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

I don’t even cover the north west of England at the moment and I live here :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List