Wet screed causing lifting LVT - HELP

Discussion in 'Subfloor Preparation' started by Sam Cordery, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Neilydun

Neilydun Well-Known Member

I never use a gypsum based compound. So long as its dry, ground off properly and primed correctly its fine to use pretty much anything.

2. merit

merit Well-Known Member

True

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. merit

merit Well-Known Member

But you really have to do it right to use a cement based product. Most fitters wouldn’t do it correctly

4. Neilydun

Neilydun Well-Known Member

To be honest, having done a lot of new build, its much harder to mess it up than you think.
    Ive been with plenty of fitters who don`t grind the floor, just one pissy coat of 121 and then green bag (or whatever gets sent) over it.
    Literally 100`s and 100`s of them, all on a 24 month retention, and probably less than 1 in 100 have any sort of snags or remidials over that 2 year period.

5. merit

merit Well-Known Member

We use to put Na and epoxy resin over them and had no problems lol. Never grind them. Have seen 2 or 3 blow using 131 and 1200. When lvt and ufh is in. And heard of loads going wrong

6. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

I've done them With normal SLC isolated with primer and never had an issue but I feel better if I use Calcium sulphate based
    Always fully grind though and check its dry

7. Sam Cordery

Sam Cordery Member

Hi all,
    Just wanted to let you know that the floor contractor has agreed to a full refund for us to go elsewhere and start again. Appreciate your help on this guys

8. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

Bare in mind the next lot will charge you for full rip out and dispose if you not doing it yourself. Pig of a job... Screenshot_20200317-131051_Gallery.jpg