What DPM should i recommend?

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by austenwells, Nov 14, 2014.

1. austenwells

austenwells Active Member

i have a mate who is laying dry-back Luvanto, in a new build house, so no need for a levelling screen. He just needs to damp proof the concrete floor. Does anyone have anything to recommend which can be stuck directly to?

2. Distinctive Adam

Distinctive Adam Well-Known Member

If it's a new built it should have a dpm, or it is that it's so recent the floor is reading more than 75% and you need a suppressant ?

3. austenwells

yep it`s got a DPM below the subfloor - but the actual subfloor (contrete) is still fairly damp??

4. DM Flooring

DM Flooring Well-Known Member

Even though fitting dry back i would still screed it as the floor needs to be as flat/smooth as possible. Ideally screed/dpm/screed. Which DPM depends on the Relative Humidity readings of the concrete.

5. pf flooring

pf flooring Well-Known Member

I thought dry back was stick fit system?? Looselay is the no glue/tacki one isn't it, if new build is 1kturbo it then smooth over top as the slabs are generally speaking still wet when house is sold usually I've found between 75-85%

6. austenwells

yes, dry back is just standard stick down stuff!! great just googled it and it`s kind of stuff i was hoping for!!! :)
    can he stick it straight on top of this??

7. DM Flooring

DM Flooring Well-Known Member

Still needs to be levelled.

8. pf flooring

pf flooring Well-Known Member

No will need to smooth the floor off and build up any low points, I'm assuming your diy by the questions asked, why not get an actual floor layer in to do te work properly? Abit of laminate is one thing for diy but once you are talking lvt it goes beyond a diy job and into the realms of costly mistakes, if for example you don't put the dpm down correctly you may as well not of bothered then 6 months down the line you've wasted x amount of money.

I'd recommend getting a pro in to do it right first time, just make sure to get references pics of work or direct recommendations.

9. austenwells

thanks chaps for your help. as you can see i don`t have a clue on screeding & Sub floor!! have a good weekend!!

10. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

I think you & your mate should get a pro in or you could potentially have serious problems
    either that or just make a right mess :roll:

11. Distinctive Adam

Distinctive Adam Well-Known Member

Austen, your an lvt rep yeah? If you ever need any advice contact me pm on here and I'll drop you my number and help if I can