What floor ads value?

Discussion in 'General Flooring Chat' started by SamCotton, Jun 10, 2020.

1. SamCotton

SamCotton New Member

Hi guys.

I am in the process of getting my bungalow renovation planned out. I have heard that the crème de la crème of flooring is solid wood flooring but I have also heard it comes with disadvantages so I have looked into engineered wood. According to an article I read on Lifestyle Flooring UK it is not really suitable for installing in bathrooms which leaves me with 2 options.

I phoned Lifestyle Flooring UK and they put me in the direction of "LVT" - this stands for luxury vinyl tiles... They said if I wanted to ad value then Karndean and Amtico are the recognised brand in this type of flooring. I have had a good look and Amtico Spacia looks great.

My question is, do I go for solid wood or engineered and just install a cheaper version of LVT in the bathrooms or do I install Amtico throughout? Which will add most value and be easier to sell with?

2. merit

merit Well-Known Member

I would say engineered wood through out and Lvt in bathrooms. But LVT throughout is also very popular and very practical. In all honesty it really is down to getting a good installer and picking the right colour/range. Both hard floors will add value. If installed by a good fitter both will look great. If installed by a bad fitter both will look naff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Solid wood can look amazing but does not last long in bathrooms and will be more expensive than engineered for practically the same effect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Distinctive Adam

Distinctive Adam Well-Known Member

I’d go LVT throughout, some of the finishes now pretty much look as good as wood, brand is irrelevant, just make sure it’s installed correctly